Friday, November 12, 2004

Buses always come in 3s

Why is it that stuff always happens in lumps? I spend ages waiting for a bus then lots turn up, I do no work for ages then suddenly get a years worth of results in a few months and it seems most people have lots of bad things happen to them consecutively. I have a lovely friend who is the nicest person I have ever known (truely, she is almost faultless) but is a walking book of painful and horrid medical complaints. I hate seeing people close to me upset or in pain as I feel so helpless, I never know what to say or do. People always think I'm a good listener but really it's because I'm hopeless at doing stuff (also I find it quite easy to tune out and start thinking of random stuff rather than what the person is saying)

Hmmm. I'm not sure what I'm saying here but this post was prompted by a visit from my friend who's mum is having a nervous breakdown (brought on by problems with existing medical conditions I think) and I have no idea what I can do to help make her feel better.

Comments:
Nobosy ever knows what to do to make people feel better, it's one of life's nasty little tricks. If you just listen to her when she needs it, and let her know you're around, and thinking of her in her troubled time, it'll be enough. Trust me.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]